Friday 27 April 2018

5 Years of Memories

Today I thought I would follow up on yesterday's post about the 5 year anniversary of this blog. The post yesterday was good, but I realised that there were a couple more things that I wanted to say about the last 5 years. 

One of the things that I have liked most about this blog over the past 5 years has been the opportunity it has given me to track my journey through triathlon. I said yesterday that I started this blog to provide people with helpful information, and that was certainly my prime driver. However, a secondary benefit I found once I started to write the blog was that it provided me with a great training diary. The blog was a really useful way for me to document what I was up to, how sessions were going, how I was feeling etc, writing about it helped me dissect the sessions more. By writing about my experiences I learnt lessons from races and training that I never would have figured out if I hadn't been doing the blog. It has always been very useful that way.

I still can't believe the journey that this blog has seen me through. When I think what I was doing back in 2013 when I started this blog, my life then and my life now are so very different. Triathlon is now a massive part of my life, even now that I am training much less, however back in 2013 I was really at the start of all that. This blog has documented my trip from being an age grouper who didn't know one hell of a lot, through to an age grouper who knew a bit more, to being a Pro and all the trials, tribulations, joys and once in a lifetime experiences that went with it. The blog is now covering my journey from racing through to coaching. I look back at the events, challenges, triumphs and experiences that this blog has documented and I can't help but smile. So much has happened in  the past 5 years that sometimes I can't believe that it has only been 5 years, it feels like so much more has happened in that time that it must be longer. It has been one hell of a roller coaster in the past 5 years and all that has been laid out in the pages of this blog. That is one of the things I like so much about it. I am not likely to ever forget the experiences of the last 5 years, but having this diary available to help me look back through the years is kind of cool.

I am looking forward to recording a few more years worth of memories here yet.



I won't be recording those memories tomorrow though. I am going to be out of town tomorrow and so there won't be a blog. I will be back online either on Sunday or Monday though, so don't worry, there will still be plenty of memories to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment